Thursday 17 February 2011

first

So, a new blog.

I've been running various blogs for about two years, and the one I've stuck with the longest is with my head in the clouds, which will soon be shut down. Then I will commence to build a new blog here, called
we're everything brighter than even the sun, which is a quote from a poem by e.e. cummings.

I feel as though I should explain myself. I turn eighteen next week, which apparently makes me young in the eyes of the world. (Also, the fact that I don't feel young is apparently yet another testimony of my youth, which I don't really understand.) So two years is an awfully long time for me.

I have changed a lot in two years, mostly for the better but also, in some ways, for the worse. And I feel like every time I post something on
with my head in the clouds, I'm burdened by everything I used to be.

So, maybe this will be a blog about my adulthood, although I doubt I will feel like an adult for a very long time. But I want this blog to be about
me, because
with my head in the clouds is something I have felt distant from for a very long time. There's a lot I need to think through and a lot I want to share.

Let the blogging begin.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'

4 comments:

  1. I think you're idea of starting a new blog for a new life is a great idea. You make me even contemplate doing the same. I 've been 18 since October but I still feel like a child. Maybe I should do the same. Thanks for this idea. :D I hope you don't mind by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! Yeah, it's actually really refreshing to be able to get a fresh start at something I've been doing for a long time. Don't be afraid to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart stopped for a moment when I read the first line of your last post on "with my head in the clouds." Your blog was one of my oldest favorites, so this is a bittersweet moment. I like that you're starting fresh in blog-land to coincide with starting fresh into adulthood. But I really might have went into a mourning period if you'd left altogether.

    It's going to be exciting to watch your blogging grow and change all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carrie, I could never leave the blogosphere altogether! In fact, I'm pretty sure this new blog will help me post more regularly and honestly. Which is good. And exciting; I get butterflies in my stomach every time I think about this blog.

    PS. Thank you for yet another lovely comment, it really made me smile.

    ReplyDelete