Monday 14 November 2011

monday links (street musicians, tears, line breaks, hogwarts)

I must say, my finds this week are spectacular. Honestly though. I'm so excited about all of these.

(Also: I'm on a huge book binge right now, after a self-imposed dry spell due to all that studying. Currently I'm halfway through Jane Austen's Mansfield Park and accompanying that with Vladimir Nabokov's lectures on the novel. Also on my bedside table are Alain de Botton's Status Anxiety and Chuck Palahniuk's Choke. I'm also rereading Keats's letters to Fanny Brawne because they are undoubtedly the greatest love letters ever written. )



And after this geeky display, on we go with the links.


Julie Lansom's photography is simply stunning.


The upcoming documentary about the  making of the final Harry Potter films seems set to make us all cry. 


An amazing article about a street musician, expanding into a meditation of what art really means these days and how it should be presented.

Weekend, a new film by Andrew Haigh.
(This. Just. You know?)


Sometimes a poem comes along that makes me physically ill, the words hitting my lungs like punches. 
So read this. At least for the truly excellent demonstration of a line break, 
so good it would make the most solid prosaist cry and dig out their hidden lyrical endeavours for a review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment