Friday 30 March 2012

carry on



Spring creeps in so slowly and I still haven't learnt to cope with this waiting. The sun at a low angle, the slanting shadows, the streets covered in dry rubble, the billowing dust, the tough piles of dirty snow in the shade.


Springs have traditionally not been my forte, and so the brighter the days and the muddier the grass, the harder it is for me to sleep and to smile.


I'm feeling a bit adrift right now, with my exams over and nothing to do but apply for summer jobs and think about the future. I'm waiting for May, for that almost-summer phase of spring, and listening to this in the mornings.



(Also, thank you for your comments on my last post. It really does mean a lot to be offered these words 
of encouragement and trust.)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos you got there =)
    audriadee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete