Saturday 20 August 2011

the great perhaps

Well.

It's been a while, hasn't it.

School, revision, trying to cram in some sleep - it's all been just a bit too much. Weekends have never been quite as welcome. 

It was sudden, this end of a summer, and also this beginning of an entirely different ending: my final year at school. Soon commence the university applications and other scarily grown-up things, but for now, with the mornings misty and the afternoons still clinging to summer, it's kind of ridiculously easy to be happy.


(And I say this cautiously though it must be said: I think I might actually be doing better than I have done in months and maybe years.

Like I'm finally finding my own feet, finally able to face the future without my knees buckling.

The end is nigh, but in these last months of school I'm going to get to the very marrow of life - before the Great Perhaps that comes after graduation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment