Saturday 21 January 2012

things i know but don't yet understand #5

Better a broken heart than no heart at all. 


(From the 2011 Doctor Who Christmas Special)



(So you know how sometimes the simplest words formed into the simplest sentences to communicate the simplest thoughts somehow reach out and knock at your rib cage and you kind of have to catch your breath for a moment because it's spectacular how honestly truths can be told?

This is one such example. From Doctor Who. (Again.) And I don't care how unintellectual it may be to quote a sci-fi show, because somehow Doctor Who manages to bowl me over time after time with things like this, the quiet wonderful sentences that somehow squeeze their way into my consciousness and lodge themselves in the folds of my brain, only to be recovered months later, when they make me choke up with remembrance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment